Translate

Patty

My photo
Central/WA, United States
So nice to have you visit my blog...... Patty (:)

Monday, June 29, 2009

epidemic Flip Flops








5,760,000 '''thats MILLION'' sites to find
flip-flops --

thats how popular they are ..

but if you are over 50 years old be careful ..

do not wear them..
~slippery when wet~

I was talking with my sister about broken ankles
and she had just been to lunch

with a group of her old school friends
and one lady said that her doctor said there

was an

epidemic (his words)

of women over 5o breaking their ankles while wearing
FLIP FLOPS..

like I did 2 months ago..
I know , I know (:) I loved wearing them too ..
but I will never again and I'd hate to see anyone else do it ~~
This has been a dreadful experience ~!!
The Hidden Dangers of Flip-Flops
The ABC news article “Flip-Flops Be Gone!” of 22nd August 2007, reports on a number of stories of readers who have fallen foul of the flip flop by breaking ankles, obtaining serious injury , or long-term foot problems. Forbes tells us that flip-flops don’t hold the feet like other shoes do, so there is nothing to hold or support the foot or ankle. Dr John E Mancuso, a Manhattan Podiatrist says that, "Because this footwear has a spongy sole, when the foot hits the ground, it rolls inwards and the sponge allows it to roll more than usual, which causes many problems in the foot."Read more: http://shoesaccessories.suite101.com/article.cfm/fatal_flip_flops_for_summer#ixzz0JsT9U1Tj&C

Jeanne(my sister) and I had a really fun visit while she was here this weekend
..thanks for all your sweet comments (:)

Hope you have a SAFE an fun summer day..





hugs, Patty

4 comments:

  1. I know they can me dangerous...I've stepped of mine...thank good I didn't break anything. I'm still wearing my flat thongs...I mean flip flops, guess, to be on the safe side I should give them up.

    Glad you had a fun visit...have a happy evening...hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wear mine, but not as much as I use to, b/c I have balance issues. I fall enough without flip flops. I don't need the extra help.
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've worn a pair all year long. Used to wear them alot but instead I'm hooked on my birkenstocks.

    It's amazing to think that many people hurt themselves wearing flipflops. I'll probably never buy another pair. I'm a klutz, and could trip over a paper clip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I am late to be commenting on this but I have to say that at my work the safety team did a check and over time most of the slip and fall accidents at our store were people wearing flip flops.

    ReplyDelete

SO glad you came by (:) Patty

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews


...

...
good friends

Pinterest

Pinterest
come over and join me-- share photos @PattyVickery(:)

My Favorite BLOGs

My Art doodles~~~~page


Vintage Hair

Vintage Hair
click on the picture to go see(:)

Vintage Hair


HALLOWEEN Photos

HALLOWEEN Photos
Click the Pic to see~Some Halloween photos~

~~Beauties of Our Time~~

~~Beauties of Our Time~~
come see my book (:) the'' preview link takes a minute to load~

BIRTH FLOWER

~The DAILY PUPPY~

~The DAILY PUPPY~
Each click helps support the doggies we all love~

ETSY

ETSY
My Etsy--primcritters...mannies