Translate

Patty

My photo
Central/WA, United States
So nice to have you visit my blog...... Patty (:)

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Beauty Shop~~Flapper Hairdos

I give this Award to Candy from Canada
'A PRETTY HOME'
she has a lovely and fun blog..
Just one catch she has to tell us
""what was the funniest SECRET thing
she's done this month that her family doesn't know about(:)""
Here is her hilarious reply
love her funniest secrets..
not very ''juicy'' but really funny(:)
thanks CANDY

Candy- A Pretty Home said...
Ill tell you a couple funny things I did this week..- I made baked potatoes in the oven for supper one day last week. I always make a few extra incase anyone wants seconds. Nobody wanted extra and I forgot all about it and had left it in the oven. Then for next 2 days we had bbq and ate out so I didnt use my oven. But the next time I went to use it, I found the extra baked potatoes in there that I had forgot about haha I didnt tell anyone :) :)- ANother thing I did thats not really funny maybe but we got our passport photos taken yesterday at costco becuase were heading to california in october.After we got our photos done, I dropped off hubby and son to the swimming pool, I sat in the car and looked at my photo and HATED it (um, what was with the double chin!? I dont have a double chin LOL!) so I tore up the photo (only costed $5 to get it done)and went back to costco while they were swimming and had my photo retaken (they have no idea!) hee hee This time the picture turned out way betterThanks for the award :) I will post about it soon.hugs CANDY


~~~ATTIC CLUTTER~~~





















FLAPPER BEAUTIE'S HAIRDOS



















These VINTAGE Hairdos an Flapper girls are just so fun they just take us back to a time where life seems Romantic..



I am so old.... I used to do finger waves like these when I did hair years and years ago(:)



Finger waves were Mainly in the classroom.. back in the sixties this wasn't really in style.. it was more like backcombing(ratting) the hair and lots of hairspray..fancy prom do's were ususally a pile of ringlets on the crown of the head..very sweet (:)

Many moons ago


But wouldn't turn back the clocks if I missed out on that experience..

















This is a little Jewelry box chair







My Shop downstairs



~~ My Beauty SHOP ~~~


Love this old mirror ``was my moms~~

















The desk and brown stool G sale items






The pink dresser was a G-sale I painted it a pale pink.. I tell ya my whole house is from Garage sales..lordy lordy~!! The floor swan too~!!






I covered the chair and hassock(footstool)....both G- sale finds~~



The chair was $5..I should have gotten the other one too but didn't.. the hassock was free~~



AND the fabric was purchased at G-sales... I have found alot of great fabrics this way yards and yards~~






A G-sale hinged green screen door for a room divider~~



The rug is from a G-Sale



I see the cats yellow mouse on the floor(:)










The walls are pink but I decided this year to paint the one wall chocolate brown ~~







Pear candles on a rusty metal tray on my red Kitchen cupboard~~
They were a G-sale item too~!!
So glad you came in to see me
hugs Patty











16 comments:

  1. Patty..that is great! You are a girl after my own heart..if I went around and pointed out all my items that were thrifted or yardsailed it would far outweigh anything retail...LOL!

    What an excellent idea ti use that screen door as a divider!! Beautiful!
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would of been happy, to have lived during that time. These ladies are so classy with that red lipstick on. Such a sweet foot stool. Hugs, RoseMarie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patty,
    Great Flapper hairstyles!
    Your beauty shop is so cute. It's so rewarding to say we've found things at y-sales. I am the same way. Just looking around right now, I see that the majority of all of my stuff is thrifted!
    Just the other day the neighbors moved and left all of there junk on the street. Most of it was literally junk, but they also put out a beat up solid wood round pedestal table. I didn't want the top and it was extremely heavy, so we salvaged the 2 round legs that I'll make into minature faux porch pillars to put plants on. I know a lot of people just don't have the 'eye' for what things can be turned in to. I guess that's where we come in! I'll post when I get done with the table-leg project.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Brenda :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, thank you for the award!! You are a gem!!
    Im so glad you found me...I love your blog! I just added it to my bloglines so I never miss another post!
    You crack me up too!!!...about the "something funny I did that my family doesnt know about" LOL!!! you are HILARIOUS!!
    Ok, lets see.... Ill tell you a couple funny things I did this week..
    - I made baked potatoes in the oven for supper one day last week. I always make a few extra incase anyone wants seconds. Nobody wanted extra and I forgot all about it and had left it in the oven. Then for next 2 days we had bbq and ate out so I didnt use my oven. But the next time I went to use it, I found the extra baked potatoes in there that I had forgot about haha I didnt tell anyone :) :)
    - ANother thing I did thats not really funny maybe but we got our passport photos taken yesterday at costco becuase were heading to california in october.After we got our photos done, I dropped off hubby and son to the swimming pool, I sat in the car and looked at my photo and HATED it (um, what was with the double chin!? I dont have a double chin LOL!) so I tore up the photo (only costed $5 to get it done)and went back to costco while they were swimming and had my photo retaken (they have no idea!) hee hee This time the picture turned out way better

    Thanks for the award :) I will post about it soon.

    hugs
    candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course its ok. I dont mind :)
    Now that I read it again, I found it even funnier. I make my own self laugh sometimes LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cracked up about the potatoes because I did that once too! lol

    Love the old pics of the flappers, so pretty! A romantic bit of the past for sure.

    Your beauty shop looks so cute--I didn't know you were one of "those"!! lol I too have a home full of garage sale and thrift shop goodies. Hey, you do what you can to stretch a buck, and it looks good, dang it!

    Smiles, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love the pictures!! And the little chair/jewelry box is to die for so cute!!
    I enjoyed your post, you sneeky girl hehe, I have done that too so dont feel badly if I dont like my pic, makes me smile to think someone else out there is doing that too,plus the potato story , funny to me cuz i have been there,we could be sisters were so a like! Thanks for the smile.
    Diane
    http://dianobe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhhhhhhhhh, I so love those old hairdo's! I have a picture of my mother, with marcel {spelling???} waves. I should post it again.

    And I love the Clara Bow type style... with bangs and very short cropped bob, too.

    Mari-Nanci
    Smilnsigh

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved seeing all the fun hair styles and make-up too. Do you remember pin curls and I had several hair pieces with all the cork screw curls...which I loved. When I look at my pictures I just laugh. How times have changed, but they were great.
    Love the beauty shop and all the g.s. finds too fun. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. The flapper girls are so pretty. And you're so creative remaking your garage sale finds.
    I always enjoy my visits to your blog!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  11. Patty,
    Hello, thank you for adding me! I added you to my favorites too, I LOVED all the flapper photo's aren't they just deliciously goregous?? Wow.

    Your shop looks great too, I love the brown wall LOL it's my favorite color! It all looks beautiful and you are so lucky as I can't ever find any fabric at yard sales ( I WISH!)

    Take care,
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Patty, is there anything that you can't do?! You're amazing. My mom was a hairdresser. In fact, I'm supposed to go over for a haircut today, but I'll probably get too busy running errands. Maybe I can swing by your shop? =) Blessings...Polly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning Miss Patty,

    Thank you for your kind words about the wedding post. I love those pics.

    The flapper styles are great. I also remember the ratting of hair and lots of hairspray. Maybe that explains why my hair has been so short for years-hehe.

    hugs to you,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello From these findings?

    ReplyDelete

SO glad you came by (:) Patty

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews


...

...
good friends

Pinterest

Pinterest
come over and join me-- share photos @PattyVickery(:)

My Favorite BLOGs

My Art doodles~~~~page


Vintage Hair

Vintage Hair
click on the picture to go see(:)

Vintage Hair


HALLOWEEN Photos

HALLOWEEN Photos
Click the Pic to see~Some Halloween photos~

~~Beauties of Our Time~~

~~Beauties of Our Time~~
come see my book (:) the'' preview link takes a minute to load~

BIRTH FLOWER

~The DAILY PUPPY~

~The DAILY PUPPY~
Each click helps support the doggies we all love~

ETSY

ETSY
My Etsy--primcritters...mannies